Module Projects- The purpose of each project is to provide you with experience in demonstrating knowledge of how the industry works and capacity for knowing how to handle an assignment when you are in your working career. For each assignment your objective is to complete the following three sections:
- Report: In this section of your work provide your answer to the project assignment. If it is to select a trip then describe the trip you selected. If it is create a resume then put the resume in this section.
- Process: Show your thinking about the steps you took to complete the assignment. For instance what steps did you take to prepare your answer? What sources did you use and how did you arrive at your decision?
- Evaluation: Evaluate what you learned and what you will improve on the next time you have an assignment like this one. There could be personal statements starting with I learned, I surprised myself or next time I will definitely.
Module 4-Prepare a cover letter and resume for Marriott. Presenting yourself for a job may certainly apply to each of you. The resume is your story and crafting one that is true, compelling, interesting can contribute greatly to your future success. Marriott does an excellent job of coaching you on what they are seeking. You are to review their careers site, select a job and prepare a cover letter and resume as if you are making an application. The resume and cover letter need to be tailored to the Marriot job. In your cover letter you should outline your skills which you then confirm in your resume experiences. Check you cover letter to assure that each sentence does not begin with “I.” The hiring person is seeking what you can do for them and not what there to fulfill your personal desires. Also many companies may use an optical reader looking for keywords as their sorting technique. What keywords are in the job description and how did you incorporate them into your cover letter and resume? This is a great skill to learn in writing the letter and will help your cover letter and resume rise up in the search process.
Your 4 page will have three parts-
1.What you determined to be your answer- the cover letter and resume properly formatted.
2. How you went about your work. Why did you chose this particular job. In this section also add the keywords of the job description and how you used them in your cover letter and resume.
3. What you would improve next time you have such an assignment.
Resources that can assist you: