For this assignment, you will be answering six AP Language and Composition multiple-choice questions from the AP central web site. Follow these directions:
- Visit the College Board to see the multiple-choice practice questions. (You will need to have Adobe Acrobat on your computer. You can download Adobe Acrobat for free.)
- Scroll down to page 1 of the exam and read the passage that begins “Thus there are two books from whence I collect my divinity.”
- Answer questions 1 through 6. (You may want to print these pages so that you can annotate them as you will be able to do on the AP Language and Composition Exam.) Spend only 15 minutes total on this exercise.
- Once you have answered the questions, check your answers.
- Write a reflection of at least 150 words describing your experience with this practice. How did it compare with your previous multiple-choice practice? Explain which questions you found the most challenging, which ones were the easiest, which answers you guessed, and which words were unfamiliar. Overall, how effective were you on this practice? What strategies could you employ to help you be more successful on your next attempt? Choose three words from the passage and/or questions that are unfamiliar. Do the following with your three words:
- Write the word and list the part of speech.
- Give the definition in your own words, showing that you now understand the word’s meaning.
- Write an original sentence, incorporating a context clue to demonstrate your true understanding of the word’s meaning.