The transformative power of classical music
1. Who is Benjamin Zander? What do you think music means to Zander?
2. Share something that this Ted Talk by Zander helped change or enrich your understanding of western classical music.
3. Zander performs a Prelude by Chopin. Why did he pick this piano prelude?
4. He repeats the phrase, “shining eyes,” several times in his talk. Recount a time when your eyes shined? Who was it? What was it from? Was anyone else there to share the moment with you?
5. Zander is a man with confidence and charisma. However, the same Google search you used to answer the first question would have also provided you with this very dark article (Links to an external site.). You can not judge a person from one Ted Talk, and it is also unfair to make conclusions based on one article, but how to square these two very different portraits of the same man?