must have access to audio/video recording equipment (a
microphone/webcam, camcorder with digital file capabilities, or cell
phone with a high quality camera/microphone) to complete this
the PowerPoint presentation designed in Assignment 3. As a reminder,
the content should focus on some aspect of social media use in the
workplace. Potential examples include the importance of companies
embracing social media, advertising through social media, policies
involving social media, proper professional communication through social
media platforms, or any number of other angles.
The presentation must be submitted using one of the following methods:
- Recorded live narration of the PowerPoint slides.
The PowerPoint presentation must adhere to the following requirements:
- Address some aspect of social media in the workplace.
- Present in a clear, logical manner.
- Include the PowerPoint presentation from Assignment 3.
- Be appropriately paced and total time should not exceed ten minutes in length.
- Assume your target audience is familiar with the concept of social media overall.
- Follow the professional presentation requirements from Chapter 12 (pages 202-224) in BCOM7.
- Clearly deliver the presentation content (audio).
- Appropriate professional attire (if using video option) or high resolution if using narrated PowerPoint option.
- Clarity / Mechanics:
- Focus on clarity, writing mechanics, and professional language/style requirements.
- Run spell/grammar check before submitting.
Your assignment must:
completed in PowerPoint (using either .PPT or .PPTX format) [for
narrated PowerPoint option]. Uploaded video file (either .mov or mp4
file) or functioning YouTube link [for video option]. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
Submitting your assignment:
- Submit your assignment through the online course shell only.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
writing process strategies to develop brief business documents, such as
routine messages, bad news messages, and persuasive/sales messages.
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.