- Provide an example of a time a friend, co-worker or relative tried to persuade you of a moral claim. What evidence did they use to convince you? Did you do research on their evidence or premises? Why or why not?
- After considering the Carl Elliot case study, describe why “pharmaceutical propaganda” could be dangerous and refer to at least one of the ethical theories we have discussed thus far to justify your position.
Please use the following websites as they were given by the instructor to answer the assignment
- As you complete the reading, consider: Does research matter? Are premises provable? What is evidence? Klenk, M. (2019). “Evolutionary Ethics.” In G. Matthews (Ed.), Introduction to Philosophy: Ethics (pp. 76-88) (Website) (PDF )
- Elliott, C. (2014). “Relationships between physicians and Pharma: Why physicians should not accept money from the pharmaceutical industry. ” Neurology. Clinical Practice, 4(2), 164–167. (PDF)
- Maisel, E. R. (2016). “Carl Elliott on the Dark Side of Medicine.” (Website)