- Quantify the performance of the industry relative to the economy, and Edward Jones relative to the industry, ROE and ROS relative to the industry average and exploring/expanding on differences.
- Using porters five-forces analysis of the industry to consider why it is un/attractive and how it was changing, and interpret this in terms of the impacts to industry and business.
- Utilise Who/what/How framework directly linking Edward Jones’ choices to its historical success/challenges
- Who-What-How Framework
• WHO: is our customer/stakeholder? • in terms of customer/stakeholder segments • in terms of geographic regions
• WHAT: do we sell/provide to our customers/stakeholders? • Value proposition
• HOW: do we make, market and distribute products to customers/stakeholders? • Delivering the value proposition to targeted customers • Value chain activities
- Analyse corporate strategy, business strategy and value chain activities using frameworks