THIS ALL WHAT NEEDED IN THE PROJECT
1. Overview. In a paragraph, describe the industry in which your company operates.
2. ) Ratios. Present the following for your company using the most recent three years
available on Bloomberg (use a table format):
Total Asset Turnover
Return on Assets
Return on Equity
Total Debt to Equity
3. Ratio Analysis. For the following three ratios, briefly indicate the meaning of the values you
found in #2 and the trend for the company over the three year period. A) Inventory Turnover, B) Profit
Margin, C) Return on Assets.
4. Comparison to Competitor. How does your company compare to its competitors
in terms of liquidity, use of leverage, efficiency, profitability, and shareholder value?
5. DuPont Analysis. Complete a DuPont analysis of your company and discuss its outcome. Using
the DuPont Analysis data, write a brief (one paragraph) statement to the CEO of your company
indicating the strengths and weaknesses of your company, and suggesting some actions that can be taken
to improve the weaknesses.
6. Company Trend. In Excel, create a line chart to show the company’s performance
for profit margin over the last three year period. Appropriately label and title the chart.
7. Competitors’ Trend. In Excel, create a line chart to show the competitors’
performance for profit margin over the last three year period. Appropriately label and title the chart.
8. Competitor Comparison. In Excel, create a columnar bar chart to highlight a comparison
between the company and all competitors for the percentage of debt in the firm’s capital structure in 2017
9. Including a Text Box. In Excel, create a text box where you will write a brief summary
for management in which you explain the trend in company performance and the comparison to
competitors by referring to the charts you have created. Format the document so that all items print on
one page. Landscape and portrait print are equally acceptable. Graded for grammar.
Company: Target, Inc.
Competitor: Walmart, Inc.