Conducting Primary Research
Developing the ability to conduct primary research can be an invaluable asset to add to your business tool belt. In this Assignment, you will engage in developing the following professional competencies related to marketing research:
Marketing researchers conduct primary research to gain human perspective on the problem or opportunity being studied, or to identify problems or opportunities for study.
Directions for completing this Assignment:
In this Assignment, you will analyze the Student Computer Lab case study. To effectively meet the requirements of this Assignment, analyze the qualitative data derived from the primary research found in the case study scenario.
To successfully complete this Assignment, write a 2-3 page critical essay in APA style format covering the following topics:
- Determine overall student satisfaction with the computer lab.
- Provide an opinion describing if it was wise to have a group with both graduate and undergraduate students included? Support your opinion with research.
- Analyze the focus group transcript very thoroughly. Make a list of problems and ideas generated for the student computer lab.
- What do you see as the benefits and limitations of the focus group findings? Do you think the task force plan for utilizing the focus groups is appropriate?
- What changes would you make to improve the problems or to capitalize on the opportunities identified in the primary research? Collect and describe student recommendations for improvements.
For additional requirements in relation to this Assignment, download the grading rubric below.