As an analyst for a large U.S. multinational corporation, you are assigned to examine a possible acquisition candidate, completing an initial search and review. Your supervisor is a member of the Controller’s team. The Controller reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Your work may be presented to a variety of audiences, so professionalism is essential in all deliverables you create. As you are reviewing historical financial statements you cannot conclude if this company is a good investment.
- Select a publicly traded company from the Fortune 500 list. COMPANY SELECTED IS T MOBILE Mobile telecommunication company
- The company must have Accounts Receivable and Inventory. You must select a retail or manufacturing company.
- You must research and secure the SEC 10-K Annual Report for the most recent year by visiting and searching the SEC EDGAR system. An alternative path to accessing and downloading the most current 10-K is through the company’s Investor Relations webpage.
- Save the 10-K document to your computer for access. Please do not print this file as the report is usually 100 pages or more.
- Use the selected company in the discussion postings throughout the semester. The discussion questions are designed to help you build content for your report and presentation.
- Post the name of your desired company in the Week 1 SEC 10-K Project discussion for your instructor’s approval. Your post must answer all parts of the discussion.
- Each student must select a different company, so read the company names selected by classmates. The company must be a publicly traded company from the Fortune 500 list.
- Your report should comment on the financial statements for your company as they relate to the information presented through Week 6 material for this class, including the auditor’s report and the notes to the financial statements.
- Refer to the weekly reports.
- Commentary for this report should include considering the financial statements as a whole.
- NEED TO MAKE A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION AS WEL