https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png 0 0 Liz https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png Liz2021-07-07 15:33:132021-07-07 15:33:13short essay for each question total 4
short essay for each question total 4
Answer four (4) of the following eight (8) questions in short essay form. Use quotes for each short essay.Two of the answers will address either Faust Part One or Frankenstein.
- Summarize Faust 3, â€œThe Prologue in Heaven.â€What similarities do you see between it and the first chapters of Genesis?What similiarity do you see between it and the Prologue (chapter 1) of The Book of Job?Describe Faustâ€™s similarities with Prometheus and Lucifer/Satan in scene 4 0f Faust (â€œNightâ€).
- Summarize the action and dialogue between Faust and Mephistopheles in Faust 6 (â€œFaustâ€™s Study Iâ€).
- Mephistopheles enjoys himself dressing up in Faust 7 (â€œFaustâ€™s Study IIâ€).What are his (dis)guises?What is his final message to the freshman student and where does it come from?If you donâ€™t believe in devils, what is Mephistopheles?
- What happens in the witchâ€™s kitchen (Faust 9)?What does Faust really see in the mirror?
- Beginning with the story of â€œSafieâ€ in chapter XIV of Mary Shelleyâ€™s Frankenstein:The Modern Prometheus, name and describe the succession of â€œframingâ€ stories that enfold each other up to Mary Shelleyâ€™s novel itself.What did she intend by using the framing device?
- Summarize the monsterâ€™s story as recounted in Chapters XI-XVII.What parallels do you find therein with the story of mankind in Hesiod and Genesis?
- In light of what you have learned of Prometheus and Lucifer/Satan, why did Shelley name Dr. Victor Frankenstein â€œthe modern Prometheusâ€?What are the parallels with the power of mankind in the twenty-first century?
- Give two examples of why we might think that Viktor Frankenstein is a psychopath.Why would a â€œmodern Prometheusâ€ be psychopathic?