There are many psychological approaches to addressing social problems (e.g., clinical, developmental, cognitive, phenomenological, neurobiological, behavioral). The social psychological approach is only one among many. Given that this is a social psychology course, your task is, therefore, (1) to review the social psychological literature that pertains to a given social problem of your choice; (2) to identify gaps in that literature that need to be studied; and (3) to identify a potential research question that needs to be studied so that you may add to the literature and advance knowledge that can benefit society.
The Assignment (7-9 pages)
- Select and describe a social problem in your field of interest.
- Explain why you selected the social problem.
- Research at least five journal articles related to the social problem.
- Describe two gaps in the literature related to the social problem you selected in which you could develop further research and justify your selection.
- Through a social psychology lens, develop a research question that a social psychologist might use to conduct research.