https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png 0 0 Liz https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png Liz2022-11-08 00:38:012022-11-08 00:38:01sociology discussion
- 1-What are your big takeaways from the course? In other words, what are 1 or 2 things that you learned that you believe will stick with you after the course is over?
- 2-Were you surprised by anything you learned in the class? Explain.
- 3-Do you think that you’ll continue to think like a sociologist after the course? Why or why not?
- 4-What is your reaction to the content of the videos about food deserts? Are you surprised? Do you have any personal experiences that connect?
- 5-Apply one of the three major theoretical perspectives to the content of the video. How would a sociologist understand food deserts?
- 6-Name a current or historical social movement and describe
- It’s ideological commitment to promote or resist social change
- The cultural codes it challenges
- 7-What, if any, social changes have you noticed since the last presidential election?
- 8-Which perspective best describes our political institution here in the US: structural functionalism (pluralism) or social conflict (power elite)? Be sure to explain your choice and use at least one example to support your position.
- 9-Thinking of the US as a capitalist nation with some socialist elements, what are at least two ways you directly benefit from government intervention in the economy?
- 10-Who or what was responsible for the Triangle Fire? What were some of the consequences for work and labor as a result of this tragedy? What’s your personal response to this story?