Using the Annual Report of your selected company answer the following questions in the Discussion:
- Did your company have any preferred stock at year end?
- How much of the company’s common stock was outstanding at year end?
- Did the company pay any cash dividends during the year?
- Compute the basic earnings per share for the company.
- What method does the company use to report net cash flows from operating activities? How can you tell?
- What does this evaluation tell you about the company?
Post the name of your selected company and the link to the statement with your discussion post. You may use a service such as Yahoo Finance to help research industry averages. The notes to the financial statements will also be of use in answering the discussion questions. For many of the ratios in the discussion, you will need 2-3 years’ worth of financial data.
The company will be Walmart.