Discussion: Unit 8, Due Tuesday at Noon CT
Unit 8 Discussion – Reflection
Please respond to the following questions based upon these course objectives:
- Discuss performance improvement models, health policy, national initiatives, and professional advocacy roles and their contributions to the design of quality and performance improvement programs.
- Identify improvement opportunities based on performance measurement.
- Use teamwork in performance improvement.
- Aggregate and analyze performance improvement data.
- Develop and manage performance improvement process using project management principles.
- Review and evaluate the performance improvement programs.
- Identify the components of risk management, incident reports, and sentinel reporting.
- Identify the use of criteria sets and indicators that are used in preadmission screening, utilization management, and discharge planning.
Please answer the following questions with supporting examples and full explanations.
- For each of the learning objectives, provide an analysis of how the course supported each objective.
- Explain how the material learned in this course, based upon the objectives, will be applicable to the professional application.
Provide evidence (citations and references) to support your statements and opinions. Responses to these questions are due by Tuesday at noon.
All references and citations should in APA format.
There is no peer response required for this discussion, but feel free to discuss these topics with classmates.