Demographics, beliefs, finances, independence, and many other factors may affect an individual’s or couple’s options for living environments.
Because of the importance of proper environment choice, you have been given the task of creating a guide to help those facing lifestyle and life care decisions. This guide will be used by both aging individuals making decisions for themselves as well as families or caregivers making choices for another individual. In your guide, you must identify variables that affect the environment options, and explain what affect they have on choices. You must also discuss why individuals and couples, as well as family or caregivers, must consider these variables when making choices.
Write a 750- to 1,050-word guide about the variables that affect options for various living environments. In your paper, answer the following questions:
- How do social support systems affect the options and quality of care?
- How do community based programs and services affect independence for the aging population?
- Why should individuals and couples consider these variables when making choices?
- Why should families or caregivers consider these variables when making choices for another individual?
- What other variables may affect choices? Why are these important to consider?
- Include at least three references.