Create an outline for the Debate Paper due in Week Nine. Include all references to be used in the paper. Be sure to review the Debate Paper Requirements located under Week Nine prior to completing your outline.
Should parents be held responsible for their minor children’s criminal behavior?
Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word debate paper in which you create a debate of a current event or other controversial topic and provide an analysis of arguments presented for both sides. Complete the following sections in the paper:
- Introduction: Introduce the issue that is the subject of the debate.
- Include a minimum of two but no more than four arguments for the pro side of the debate and a minimum of two but no more than four arguments for the con side of the debate.
- Evaluate any potential ethical, moral, or legal issues.
- Identify what you determined is the more persuasive argument.
- Reflect on the arguments presented and reveal your consensus.
- Base the conclusion solely on the pro and con arguments.
- Include a rebuttal of weaker arguments.
- Explain why the selected arguments were more persuasive.
Cite at least three sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment