You have recently been hired as a business advisor for a retail company seeking to expand both its physical and digital presence. The organization is specifically seeking guidance regarding two offers it has received for:
- The purchase of real estate to be used to build a new brick-and-mortar store
- A 5-year marketing agreement with a prominent social media network.
You have been tasked with analyzing elements of contracts and providing recommendations for each item above to share with leadership.
Write a formal business memorandum that addresses the following:
- What basic elements would you expect to find in each contract?
- What type of commonly used contract clauses would you expect to find in each contract?
- What business recommendations would you share with the company as it proceeds forward? Should it consider accepting the offers? If so, would certain conditions apply?
Be sure to use a professional tone and correct grammar, spelling, punctuation. Please remember to acknowledge any source you use.