Assignment: Clinic start-up scenario
You have been tasked with starting up a local clinic and developing a business plan for its operation. You are unsure if, or how long it will take for your operation to break even. Develop your own cost estimates (and categories as needed) and complete the following in an Excel (or Open Office) spreadsheet :
- Identify projected fixed costs for each category
- Identify projected variable costs for each category
- Identify total costs
- Using estimated cost per visit and revenue per visit, project your breakeven point.
- Briefly describe the merits of the project. Do the numbers make sense?
In a separate two-page Word document:
- summarize your findings
- provide your assumptions regarding the type of care provided
- explain your overall rationale
500 – 650 words written; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
Include a title page and reference page in APA style. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
Include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions
Save Part 1 your assignment as a Microsoft Excel or Open Office Calc; save Part 2 as Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type
- name your saved files according to your last name, first initial, and the week (for example, “jonesb.week1”)