Your team is a large U.S. corporation that manufactures rubber tires, and you want to begin manufacturing and distribution in Japan.
- What are the political, cultural, environmental, and economic risks of doing business there?
- If you do decide to do business there, how would you staff the operation?
- What kind of approach would you take?
- What type of concerns would you have?
- What do you need to consider when you recruit, evaluate, train, and deal with labor relations issues?
- How would you select the manager?
- What are some of the issues to consider regarding the expatriate?
- What if it does not work out?