Create a fictionalized diary for Darwin that describes the changes in his thinking about evolution. Here are the guidelines:
1) It should be written in the first person, as if you were Darwin.
2) It should be 1 1/2 to 2 pages, singled-spaced, with a double space between entries.
3) It should have at least 5 entries.
4) It should cover the following topics:
- His views of evolutionary theory (like Lamarck’s) before he formulated his own.
- How scientists like Lyell influenced him.
- How his own experiences aboard the HMS Beagle shaped his evolutionary thinking.
- How he struggled with his new ideas.
Capture Quammen’s metaphor of the “Kiwi Egg” in your diary entries.