The discussion assignment for this week includes a review of the Key Assignment Outline completed by one of your classmates, as well as a substantial response to at least 1 other student.
Primary Task Response: Your first task is to post your own Key Assignment Outline to the discussion area so that other students are able to review your plan. Attach your document to the main discussion post, and include any notes you feel are appropriate. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of the Key Assignment Draft you will complete next week.
For Company Alpha, draft a basic security plan that includes the security mission, recruitment procedures, training requirements, personnel deployment process, and physical security needs of the company. Your security plan must include the following points:
- What is the particular location you are providing security for (e.g., transportation facility, retail or commercial establishment, government or private building, education facility, health care service, and so on)?
- Identify the security objectives.
- What is the purpose for a security system?
- What are you protecting?
- How do you plan to protect it (physical security, security officers, cameras, etc.)?
- What are the staffing needs?
- Is this a 24-hour operation or partial daily or weekly coverage?
- Determine the number of human resources necessary for this security operation.
- Determine shifts, hours, regular days off, scheduling, and so forth.
- Define a hiring and selection process.
- How will you develop and locate a pool of candidates, and what is the selection process to hire a qualified candidate?
- Develop a training plan for the new employees
- How many hours of training are necessary, what are the topics in the curriculum, will there be on-the-job training (OJT), who are the mentors, who will conduct training and OJT, and so on?
- APA format for references
- 1,000–1,250 words