As a nurse manager, it is critical that you consider the answers to questions such as these when designing your recruitment process. Identifying the approaches applicants use to find jobs can help you broaden your pool of applicants. In addition, knowing how to create accurate job descriptions to advertise for open positions can increase the chances of finding an applicant that is qualified and exhibits skills that you and your workplace desire.
In this Discussion, you examine the process in which a health care organization engages when attempting to recruit qualified and desirable job candidates.
- Review Chapters 4 and 5 from the text, Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, Skill Development. What best practices can be used to identify, analyze, and describe positions within a health care setting? In addition, what considerations and factors should be taken into account when recruiting job candidates?
- Reflect upon the recruitment process used in your current organization or one with which you are familiar. Then, select one setting to further investigate.
- Consider questions such as the ones below to identify the recruitment methods and steps involved in searching for and attracting potential employees.
- What is expected of the nurse manager in terms of recruitment?
- What is expected of HR in terms of recruitment?
- How are job openings posted and/or advertised?
- What challenges or constraints have been experienced with regard to recruiting desirable and qualified applicants?
Submit a brief description of your selected organization’s recruitment process. Include an explanation of who is responsible for each step, how and where positions are advertised, and any unique methods used to recruit employees. Explain the effectiveness of these recruitment processes by citing authentic examples from the setting you selected .