Euthanasia & Physician Assisted Suicide (PAS)
After studying the course materials located on Module 8: Lecture Materials & Resources page, answer the following:
Medical / Generic definition
Describe pain and suffering within context of faith
Physician Assisted Suicide / Death ( PAS / PAD)
- Is it ethical?
Should we have the right to end our lives? Why yes or why not?
- Better alternatives to PAS; compare and contrast each:
- Palliative care / Terminal sedation
- Case studies. Brief summary of:
- Jacob Kevorkian
- Britanny Maynard
- Read and summarize ERD paragraphs #: 59, 60, 61.https://www.usccb.org/about/doctrine/ethical-and-r…
- Submission Instructions:
The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
- If references are used, please cite properly according to the current APA style. Refer to your syllabus for further detail or contact your instructor.
- Complete and submit the assignment by 11:59 PM ET Wednesday.
- Late work policies, expectations regarding proper citations, acceptable means of responding to peer feedback, and other expectations are at the discretion of the instructor.
You can expect feedback and grading from the instructor before the next assignment is due.
- Ethical and Religious Directives (ERD) for Catholic Health Care Services (6th ed.). (2018).
Paragraphs: 59, 60, 61