To prepare for this Discussion:
• Read Chapter 3 in the course text, Action Research. Pay particular attention to strategies that may be used to identify and collaborate with stakeholders.
• Review the websites provided in this week’s resources. Reflect on the potential roles that community stakeholders may play in addressing a problem, issue, or concern, and why involving stakeholders is important.
• Think about the prevention, intervention, or consultation plan that you are developing for your Final Project. Consider who your stakeholders may be and how they may contribute to your plan.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a brief description of the various stakeholders and their roles in the prevention, intervention, or consultation plan that you are developing for your Final Project. Justify the inclusion of these stakeholders.
Learning Resources to use for assignment:
- Course Text: Stringer, E. T. (2014). Action research (4th ed.) Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Chapter 3, “Setting the Stage: Planning a Research Process” (pp. 73-98)
- 21st century partners in prevention. Retrieved from https://captcollaboration.edc.org/sites/captcollaboration.edc.org/files/attachments/21st%20Century%20Partners%20in%20Prevention_0.pdf
- Assessing community resources and readiness. Retrieved from http://www.samhsa.gov/capt/applying-strategic-prevention-framework/step1-assess-needs/assess-community-resources-readiness