Prior to entering this discussion, reflect on your reading for the week, specifically Analytical Exercise 8 found on the Summary page of Chapter 3 in your text. Is another form of structural configuration better suited to multiproduct, multiservice companies? If not, is there a form of departmentalization for multiproduct, multiservice companies which would match somewhat the divisional structure configuration?
Explain how the following are similar:
- Functional structure with simple Provide two example companies, one for each structure.
- Divisional structure with departmentalization by product. Provide two example companies, one for each structure.
- Machine bureaucracy with centralized, mechanistic structure. Provide two example companies, one for each structure.
Professional bureaucracy with decentralized, organic structure. Provide two example companies, one for each structure.
Support your claims with examples from required materials and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Your initial post should be a minimum of 200 words.
Job Analysis Video Link:
Address the following bullets, and provide an example company for each structure, with supporting rationale:
- Provide an example of one company that should employ the simple structure organizational configuration.
- Provide an example of one company that uses the machine bureaucracy form of structure.
- Describe the kinds of organizations should feature a professional bureaucracy form of structure. Give an example of one such organization.
- Describe the kinds of firms should use the divisional form of structure. Provide an example.
Describe the types of organizations are best suited to the adhocracy form of structure. Provide an example.