PLEASE WRITE IN MIDDLE School level like “”””””””” when I went to the Deaf school and then I learnt what Deaf world was like, which fits my life well. Today I’m still learning the deepest of Deaf culture. Being Deaf can’t be the main barrier to lead to the failure of the big life dreams that I have. My life has been affected in various ways because of my status but that doesn’t make me fail in making my own decisions on my life. Learning about the Deaf characters and culture has made me view my status in a positive manner making me think on the privileges that the society has offered to me by giving me a chance to utilize the important privileges delegated to me. Though the society has offered several positive privileges to the Deaf, some of the people focus much on empowering the underprivileged hence hindering the Deaf from making special developments in their lives.
When I was in a hearing school, I often felt overwhelmed and wanted to avoid studying and never wanted to go to college. My parents tried to convince me that school was extremely important, but I did not listen to them. One day, I told my mother that I wanted to receive a better education in a deaf school, and my mother did not want me to go to a deaf school because she believed that I did not care about education for my life. A few days later, I felt so disappointed that I was forced to learn unwanted lessons. I decided to keep telling my mother my goal was to go to a deaf school and my mother finally accepted it. I started to be joyful at that news and readied for a better education. As a college student, I applied for City college of San Francisco to learn more English and general studies and then transferred to the University. I am majoring in communication and public relations and minor in digital media. I personally love working with people, I feel very happy seeing them satisfied with their present and looking forward to their future, and I love learning different cultures, backgrounds, beliefs, traditions, and many things that I have never learnt before, although what i really would be glad to add to my personal experience is developing a new project, to develop a new website to make the hearing and Deaf worlds one unit so they will be able to communicate with each other to learn about their different worlds.””””””””””””””‘ and I want to work with NAD as an intership to help stopping barriers for my Deaf community. https://nad.org/
and my SKILLS:Able to follow self-motivated and assertive, friendly, ability to get along well withothers like communication and Interpersonal skills and to take initiative andproblem solving, directions, to stay organized by managing tasks ACTIVITIES:Rockfest Olympics Coordinator, 2016; Class of 2017, Senior Trip Committee, Clerc Dorm Action Committee, Campaign Assistant for Student Government,2016-2017; Spirit Week Coordinator, 2016, Student Advisory Board, 2016-2017
Type at least two page, single spaced report, using APA format. Cite at least two references (required).
The following questions are to be used as a guide for you to write your essay. Make sure that you include answers to the following questions in your report. The report should be written in “essay” format and NOT answering the questions. Use career resources when doing your research for this report.
• What are the related occupations in this career field?
• How do your values, interest, skills and Holland codes fit with your chosen occupation?
• What are the duties and responsibilities required for this chosen occupation?
• What knowledge and skills do you need to acquire or develop for this occupation and explain why you feel these skills are important?
• What education degree(s) is required for this occupation?
• If your chosen occupation is competitive, please describe how this might impact your ability to obtain employment?
• What is the starting salary for your occupation?
• What is the projected growth of your chosen occupation?
• What are the advancement opportunities in your chosen occupation?
For your portfolio, upload the following documents in order:
2. Cover Letter
3. Schedule A letter
4. Letter of reference/recommendation
5. Thank you letter for mock interview
6. Acceptance Letter
7. Rejection Letter
9. Work samples (i.e. reports, memos, projects, photography, art/graphic design if applicable)
10. Unofficial transcript
11. Work evaluations
12. Any other relevant documents