Creating Policies for the Employee Handbook
The Key Assignment for this course will involve creating polices for the various laws that are covered in the employee handbook. The purpose of the handbook is to equip managers with the information they need to lead their teams. For the U4 IP assignment, you will create a paper of 1000 words.
Include the information below in your assignment. When discussing each act, provide an example of how it might be violated by an employer or employee and the approach that can be used (such as EEOC, diversity, grievances, counseling, documentation, or termination) to address the violation.
- A policy for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- A policy for the Age Discrimination in Employment act (ADEA)
- A policy for dealing with different types of harassment.
- A policy for the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- A policy for the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- A policy for the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- A policy for the Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- A policy for employee use of technology because new sources of social media and more advanced electronic devices are regularly being introduced to the market. Address topics such as: refraining from workplace commentary on social media, maintaining a professional image, what can be shared and what not to share on social media, harassment, privacy, and IT security.