PowerPoint on: Securities and International Regulatory Agencies
The purpose of this assignment is to analyze the effect of domestic
and international regulatory agencies and court systems on business
transactions and dispute resolution.
Read the following scenario:
You are the CEO of Bonner, a U.S.-based
farm equipment corporation. Bonner recently announced the release of an
innovative new tractor with technology based on a patented invention
developed by Bonner’s engineers. Bonner’s vice president, who is aware
of the upcoming product offering, bought 100,000 shares of Bonner stock
prior to the announcement. You found out about the vice president’s
stock purchase on the day of the announcement.
One week after the announcement, Bonner
received a letter from a German farm equipment corporation, accusing
Bonner of patent infringement based on the new tractor’s technology.
Bonner’s board of directors asked you to
assess the vice president’s liability for the stock purchase and the
company’s options for resolving the German corporation’s patent
Prepare an infographic for the board (e.g.,
Piktochart®, Publisher, Glogster®, Microsoft® PowerPoint®, etc.) in
which you discuss the following:
- Compare the resolution of the patent dispute in a U.S. court with
the resolution of the dispute using the World Intellectual Property
Organization’s (WIPO) dispute resolution program. Search the internet to
review WIPO’s dispute resolution program. (Information about WIPO’s
dispute resolution program may be located on their website by searching
the Internet for WIPO).
- Assess the liability of Bonner’s vice president for purchasing the
corporation’s stock prior to the announcement of the new tractor.
- Assess whether Bonner has any legal or ethical duties to disclose the stock purchase, and if so, to whom?
- Discuss risk management procedures Bonner can adopt to avoid or reduce situations like these from happening in the future.
Create a 350- to 525-word letter in response to the German farm equipment company in which you:
- Explain why Bonner is the owner of the invention
- Discuss the intellectual property rights owned by Bonner in the invention
- Suggest a method of dispute resolution (e.g., arbitration,
mediation, litigation, WIPO dispute resolution), why that method would
be desirable for resolving the dispute, and how and where the dispute
resolution should be held (United States, foreign country, online,
Cite a minimum of two references.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.