1. “S Corporation Status” Please respond to the following:
- At this point in the course, you are now familiar with the different options a business owner has in determining the form of business to select. From the e-Activity, determine one (1) advantage to selecting an S corporation status. Provide a rationale for your advantage.
- From the e-Activity, determine one (1) disadvantage to selecting an S corporation status. Provide support for your determination.
2. “Exempt Organization” Please respond to the following:
- Use the Internet or Strayer Library to research one (1) example of an S corporation. Think about the reason an S corporation status was selected.
3.“International Taxation” Please respond to the following:
- Analyze the major requirements for an entity to qualify as exempt. Explain the manner in which these requirements help support the entity and its goals.
- From the e-Activity, describe the details of the example that you researched, examining the key reasons why this organization qualifies as tax exempt. Provide support for your findings.
4. “Tax Evasion” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, describe the tax benefits offered in conducting business internationally for the corporation selected. Recommend at least one (1) tax benefit that the U.S. could offer corporations to transfer business back to the U.S. to help reduce unemployment. Provide support for your response.
- Tax treaties help determine how income will be taxed. Identify one (1) benefit offered as a result of a tax treaty, and determine the manner in which this might help reduce taxes owed. Provide support for your response.
- Analyze the various forms of penalties that occur as a result of tax evasion. Share your opinion on these penalties. Recommend a way in which to reduce the occurrences of tax evasion in the U.S.
- From the e-Activity, describe the outcome of the identified case that you researched. Indicate whether you agree or disagree with the punishment assessed. Explain your rationale.