Select between the Tuskegee Syphilis Study and the Stanford Prison Experiment. (1) Provide a brief overview of the selected case, (2) identify the unethical action(s) taken, and (3) express your opinion regarding knowledge gain as justification for taking unethical action(s). Your entry should be one to two typed, double-spaced pages. Your entry should incorporate details from readings posted on Blackboard.
Reading for Tuskegee:
- (Required) “Bad Blood:” A Case Study of the Tuskegee Syphilis Project
- (Required) https://www.cdc.gov/tuskegee/index.html
- Review Tuskegee Home, Timeline, Presidential Apology, and Research Implications headings on the left-hand side
- (Optional) If you are interested and would like to see the documentary, The Deadly Deception, it is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYOBYPiVfoI
Readings on Stanford Prison Experiments:
- (Required) https://www.prisonexp.org/
- Review pages 1 through 8. Pages include clips from the documentary, Quiet Rage.
- (Optional) If you are interested and would like to see the documentary, Quiet Rage, in its entirety it is available at https://wrlc-gm.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01WRLC_GML/1prj2t5/alma994720016650410